On this final episode of The Modern Recordist for the year, Parrish joins me to discuss some thoughts around the future of the podcast, and what the plans for the show are over the next 6 months and beyond.
The cheat sheet:
• “The 15 Minute Mixdown” will now be called “Producer’s Notes”
• You can expect some “leveling up” in production value (coming Q2 2016)
• What the plan is for the show throughout the month of January
Parrish and I also get into some thoughts around songwriting, recording, and mixing:
• When is the best time of day to write?
• A unique way to string your guitar for interesting sounds
• Chaining delay and modulation FX together for even more interesting sounds in your mix
Thank you for being a listener in 2015, and here’s to more great things to come along the journey that is The Modern Recordist!
Happy New Year :-)
About The Modern Recordist
The Modern Recordist is a podcast devoted to the exploration and continual discussion around designing and living your life as an extraordinary artistic visionary. Each week I venture on this journey, either in a casual hang out with a guest, or by diving into a specific topic for a few minutes in more of a monologue-structured format.
Hear stories and learn from the most innovative, inspired, and talented songwriters and artists in the music scene. Spark your creative genius with actionable advice and takeaways. Become inspired and move to action as you design and live your life as an extraordinary artistic visionary.
More Free Stuff
After you’ve listened to the episode posted above in it’s entirety, take a few minutes to poke around my site here. There’s plenty of valuable things to soak in, such as previous episodes of The Modern Recordist podcast, and even my free resource on simple tips for recording drums:
Subscribe To The Modern Recordist
Make sure you are subscribed to The Modern Recordist on iTunes!
IT IS THE FINAL WEEK OF THE YEAR! We here at The Modern Recordist need your support to get this podcast out to as many people as possible. Let’s do one final push as 2015 comes to a close.
Here are 3 specific ways to support this podcast:
• Get subscribed and stay subscribed! The more subscribers we have the more clout we have, and therefore can bring on more guests-guests who have a lot of notoriety and can share insights with you on what it takes to attain huge success as you continue to create music.
• Leave us a rating and review on iTunes. Good and honest ratings and reviews help The Modern Recordist stay relevant on the iTunes charts, and therefore get more notoriety and clout, which will also help us continue to bring on great guests that can share their success secrets with you.
• Share this podcast with 3 friends. Yes, 3 friends. Let’s do a big push at the end of the year to do everything we can to turn as many people as possible on to this show. So if you’re getting something out of each episode of this podcast, and know a few musician or songwriter friends who would also get something out of this show, make sure you share it with them.
We launched The Modern Recordist last June. The back half of 2015 has been an awesome journey, serving as an incredible first 6 months for us. So let’s blast into 2016 SUPER HOT, and continue on the good vibes in the coming year. We want to continue to bring you great guests, and great content. We want to continue to outdo ourselves, making this show as visionary as possible, and bringing you tons of value and ideas around creating music and art.
And to do that we need your support in growing the audience of this show. I’m excited to continue to put out a killer show for you over the next 6 months of The Modern Recordist and beyond.
So that’s it for THIS YEAR! There’s more for you next year… And in the meantime, go live your life of an extraordinary artistic visionary, and create something impactful in the world.